Fields Settings of a form:
In the form edit mode, you can find few settings for every form field. After clicking on green color settings icon from the top-right of the field, settings will be open.
You can find some common field settings available there. It should be mostly same for every field. Few special fields have some unique options. That is discussed in details fields section.
Table of content:
You can refer the field name as you want. This is the title of any field. You can place any string here.
It will appear top of the field in bold text as a heading.
You can also leave it blank if you don’t want to give any title for the field. An example use of a blank label is in paragraph field.
This field text will appear below the label of the form.
The text of the field will show up in grey color in the form in small text than the title.
Use this option to clarify user about the field of the form.
This is an advanced option for any field of the form which is built-in. You can set up some logic to show and hide any field in the form based on the input.
You can add a condition for any field as much you want. You can put the field status “show” or “hide” for “all” or “any” condition matched for any user input.
- Show: Show the current field
- Hide: Hide the current field
- All: Match all the condition below
- Any: Match any of one condition below
- Plus sign (+): Add a new condition
- Minus sign (-): Remove the condition
- Select a field: Select a field from the current form to set condition
- Is: To check the selected field input is phone or email
- Is not: To check the selected field input is not phone or email
- Less than: To check the selected field input is less than any value
- Greater than: To check the selected field input is greater than any value
- Contains: To check the selected field input contain any string or value
- Starts with: To check the selected field input start with any string or value
- Ends with: To check the selected field input ends with specific string or value
- Enter a value: put the value here to check the condition
You can use it to make a complex form simplified. You can manage form field upon the user input.
This is a checkbox. If checked, this will ensure that the user completed the field before allowing the form to be submitted.
Field Required Message: You can place a message which will show when a user tries to submit the form leaving the field blank.
If you check the field as required, you can see data validation option appears.
You can use validation to validate the field data upon submission.
- Text: Validate the field input as text
- Numeric: Validate the field input as number
- Email: Validate the field input email address
- URL: Validate the field input as URL (e.g http://www.example.com)
- Date: Validate the field input as Date (eg. mm-dd-yy)
Few Extra option comes with special fields. Which is being discussed in fields sections.