Installing LiveForms from the WordPress Dashboard
Using the plugin installer:
- If you don’t already have LiveForms installed, in your WordPress Dashboard go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Search for LiveForms in the box provided, and click “Install Now.”
- After the installation finishes, click “Activate” and you’re ready to work with LiveForms!
Watch the short video: Installing Form
After login to dashboard go to your plugin section from the sidebar.
You can see button “Add new”, Click on this button.
Now you can search the plugin name in the search field. After putting name LiveForm on search bar you can see the plugin pop up in the list.
Now you have to click on install button beside the plugin name. After that, you have to click activate button for activating the plugin.
Now you can see the Forms menu name in the sidebar. Click on that and you land on the LiveForms section.
Install through uploading zip:
In case, if your site is hosted in local pc and you don’t have any internet connection then above method will not work. You have to manually upload the existing downloaded file from here by clicking on “Upload plugin” button. You can also install the plugin either way by uploading while you have both.
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Choose the “Upload” option at the top of the page.
- Click “Choose File” and navigate to the “zip” file you downloaded from your account on LiveForms.org
- Click “Install Now”
- After the installation finishes, click “Activate” and you will be ready to work with the plugin.
First, go to Plugins -> Add New section. Now click on “Upload Plugin” and select the zip file you have downloaded from here.
Then click on Install now for installing the plugin package. Then click on the Activate Plugin for activating it.
Now you may see a Forms menu item on the sidebar on the dashboard.
Install/Update via FTP
If the above methods are not working for you for some reason, you may install or update via FTP. This is a little more difficult, so we definitely recommend using the above methods first.
- Get a good FTP client, such as FileZilla.
- Connect to your site using your FTP credentials. You will see a list of folders.
- Download the plugin from here in your local pc.
- Navigate to your “/wp-content/plugins/” folder in FTP client.
- Extract the folder in local pc from the “zip” file you obtained from here or your liveforms.org account (IMPORTANT: DO NOT just upload the zip file, you MUST extract it first using this method. You should be copying a single folder into this directory names “liveforms”)
- Copy the newly extracted folder in your local pc to your “/wp-content/plugins/” folder with the FTP client, so that you see only the folder name in the directory.
- On your site, go to Dashboard -> Plugins and find the plugin name appear in the list.
- Click activate and you are ready to work with the form you’ve just installed.
You are now good to go.